Oldham Athletic is looking for an experienced, proactive and detail oriented CFO.
Profession: Head of Finance
Site: Border Park, Oldham
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Internal link: All departments
External link: Suppliers, creditors, debtors
Business hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
Annual vacation: 20 days of vacation.
Salary: Competitive salary according to experience.
In this role, the successful candidate will lead the day-to-day club finance function, lead financial reporting, develop and implement best practices throughout the club, and work with the board of directors to establish, manage and review seasonal budgets.
Primary role and responsibilities
- Management of the club’s financial department.
- Manage the monthly management reporting.
- Provide insightful reporting to ensure understanding of results and effective decision making.
- Manage the annual budget and reforecasts throughout the year.
- Complete and fully manage the SCMP and academy reports, respecting EFL deadlines.
- Manage monthly payroll processing and RTI submission as well as relevant pension submissions.
- Produce all statutory reports for the club.
- Maintain and improve the overall control environment by ensuring effective and efficient day-to-day operational and financial management.
- Help manage change to improve control of existing systems and general procedures within the finance team.
- Produce regular, short and long term cash flow forecasts.
- Support or lead ad hoc projects across the club.
- Ability to work in a team with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to complete financial projection reports.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing practices.
- Innovating with ideas and seeing opportunities.
Skills and experience required
- Qualified accountant
- In-depth experience of producing reports in a multi-revenue environment.
- Focus on controlling between multiple teams, with different expense budgets.
- Advanced skills in Excel / spreadsheet.
- Experienced in managing a small team online.
- Work experience in a sports industry is preferred.
To ensure compliance with company safeguard policy, a DBS will be a requirement for this role.
How to register
To apply, please provide your CV along with a cover letter stating why you would be the ideal candidate for the position, your previous experience and salary expectations to: Michael.Beech@oldhamathletic.co.uk
The deadline for submitting applications is Monday, September 20, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Since the position is available for immediate start, the club may conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will be at the earliest available opportunity.