- Level 3- Job responsibilities may require the job holder to have regular contact with children or young people.
Objective of the role
- This position will be responsible for the implementation and/or coordination of all financial support functions for BHA and its partners in addition to budget monitoring.
Scope of role
- Reports to: Director/Project Manager with dotted line to Humanitarian Response Finance Lead
- Staff reporting directly to this position: TBA
Main areas of responsibility
- Have excellent knowledge of finance and accounting. Ensure roles and responsibilities are clear and have a good understanding of all donor and Save the Children regulations and policies, especially core policies such as Financial Policies and Procedures, Child Protection Policy , Code of Conduct, Fraud and Dishonesty Policies, Anti-Corruption and Corruption Policy and Whistleblower Policy.
- The Consortium Finance Manager is the focal point and finance manager for BHA and will be responsible for all finance related activities, health budget tracking and KPIs.
- Payment Summary
- Ensure that financial transactions from the BHA to the State office are properly approved, authorized and administered in accordance with SC and donor policies.
- Process all payments (check and/or cash) to vendors, service providers and partners in accordance with SC policies and donor requirements
- Ensure cash transfer payments from BHA and ensure funds are available for the program
- Process all banking activities, ensuring that bank account statements are properly maintained and that bank statements are obtained in a timely manner.
- Responsible for processing monthly top-ups (inversion and reclassification) as well as daily transaction matching on Agresso
- Manage spreadsheet/electronic format for receipt and disbursement of funds; coordinate the preparation and timely submission of monthly financial reports and other reports to CO Abuja as required. Ensure accurate maintenance of accounting books (electronic and paper) for the state office.
- Ensure adequate backup of all vouchers manually and electronically
- Ensure adequate protection of all financial instruments
- Preparation and submission of monthly balance sheet reconciliations to CO Abuja.
- Ensure monthly cash reconciliation especially for CVAs with Financial Service Provider (FSP) – Nagis.
Cash flow and budget management:
- Coordinate with Line Manager to ensure timely and appropriate cash flow, consistent with State Office operational needs and budget forecasts, and consistent with SC policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure the Party Project Manager/Leader receives timely and accurate information to inform business planning and forecasting.
- In collaboration with the line manager, take charge of the monthly budget phasing and the annual analysis of the pipeline as well as the BVA comments for a specific award.
- Support BHA CoP/Manager and Coordinator for Program Deep Diving every two weeks to identify areas that may require special attention.
- Take initiative to update monthly rewards budget tracking with SCI expenditures and projections and facilitate monthly finance review calls with support from the SCUS team.
- In collaboration with the technical manager of the food assistance program as well as the SCUS team, support the calculation of the amount of the food assistance transfer for budget management purposes.
- Represent Finance at Procurement Committee meetings.
- Redeem vouchers within the assigned limit.
- Statutory regulations
- Make statutory payments to the relevant authorities such as PAYE, WHT and PENSION deduction and ensure proper documentation is kept in the office.
- Monthly submission of EFCC report to Country Office
- Partner management
- Review partner/sub-recipient financial report and reconcile partner/sub-recipient account (5200)
- Support State teams to provide administrative and technical support to partners to ensure that all financial documents and reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner in accordance with SC policies and project agreements.
- Conduct an Award-level finance induction for all new staff on finance policies, systems and procedures
- In collaboration with line manager, support financial management training in accordance with SC financial management policies.
- He/she acts as a business partner for other units (Price, M&E, Operations, HR, etc.) providing financial advice that may be needed from time to time
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Skills and behaviors (our values in practice)
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with at least 10 years post qualification experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in an international NGO and with large donor projects
- Knowledge and expertise in the area of project preparation, business negotiations, financial management, internal controls/systems development, accounting, auditing and reporting
- Ability to effectively solve problems, exercise good judgment will be an asset.
- Experience working in a project with a cash transfer or food stamp component
- Experience working with partners and managing grants.
Skills & Experience:
- Administrative and general skills
- Accuracy and speed in all areas of responsibility
- High level of precision in work and ability to analyze complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds himself and others accountable
- Create the best in class EA function
- Future-oriented, thinks proactively
- work effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with his team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more efficient administration systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honesty, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates the highest levels of integrity.
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/partner support).
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines and handle last-minute requests; be patient and adapt to changing circumstances.
- The ability to be creative and proactive in improving health services is essential.
- Experience working on CVA programs