Job offer: Inishowen Credit Union Ltd. calls for applications for the position of Chief Financial Officer.
Inishowen Credit Union is a progressive financial services provider with nearly 25,000 members and total assets of over 106 million. Our main office is on Cockhill Road in the heart of the Buncrana community and we have three other offices in Inishowen at Moville, Carndonagh & Muff. Our core value is to promote the financial well-being of our members, while helping to develop healthy communities that are socially, economically and environmentally sustainable. This role is fundamental to achieving our strategic ambition to ensure our member service and community engagement puts us at the heart of the Inishowen community while doing so in a financially sustainable way.
Main responsibilities of the position:
The position primarily involves financial reporting and the development of a strong ‘internal controls’ framework based on legislative constraints and best practices. Additionally, you will help support the analysis and modeling of the business throughout its ongoing strategic evolution and you will assist the CEO in providing financial leadership and guidance to the Board and Executive Group. While the CFO will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the finance function, he/she will support leadership for the financial health of the credit union, identifying issues that impact financial performance and anticipating potential future impacts. , developing mitigation measures to address them. problems as they arise.
• Oversee the management and coordination of all internal and external reporting, including the consolidation of monthly management accounts
• Support and develop financial analysis, business modeling and economics of operations to optimize the balance between service and cost, analyzing the profitability of products in the CU product suite
• Investment review with CEO, Board and external advisors/agencies
• Make recommendations, manage and develop CIP’s asset and liability management policy and review general credit union policies and procedures with respect to financial matters and controls
• Responsible for preparing and monitoring budgets, regulatory returns, procurement and loan book reviews
• Responsible for payroll management and all ancillary processes
• Prepare and report on key metrics to help improve operational efficiency (absences, leave accumulation, overtime, etc.)
• Continuous improvement – identification of opportunities for improved analysis and reporting and implementation of efficiency models
• Overall responsibility for the resource efficiency and operation of the credit control and finance function, including the development of team members
• Overall management of bank reconciliations and investment strategies
• Overall responsibility for controls and compliance in accounts, EFT, liquidity and cash management, ensuring all legal requirements are met
• Responsible for budget control and forecasts
• Responsible for the preparation of financial information for the board and the committees. Support the Council in its understanding of the dynamics and critical issues contained therein.
• Support the work of the Head of Risk Management and DP, Head of Compliance and Internal Auditor as appropriate
• Support the management team in meeting financial requirements for growth and cost management.
• Liaise with key stakeholders such as auditors and Central Bank and ensure timely completion of declarations.
The successful candidate must have the following:
• Minimum 5 years of industry experience in a financial management role, preferably in financial services
• Expertise in accounting and financial analysis
• A thorough understanding of the rules and regulations of the credit union
• Ability to plan/forecast, budget, design financial models and oversee the implementation of financial strategies
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills
• Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills
• Ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Appropriate attention to detail, to ensure that the Caisse populaire fulfills its responsibilities as a regulated entity
Note: the role is subject to assessment by the Central Bank’s fitness and probity regime
How to register: Applications including CV and cover letter by e-mail addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must clearly indicate the reference number: USI FM 2022
The deadline for receipt of applications is Sunday, May 22.
A shortlist may apply and the assessment will be made based on the information provided in the application.
Inishowen Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Opportunity: Inishowen Credit Union Ltd is recruiting a Financial Manager was last modified: May 13, 2022 by