Financial Manager (Capitals and Projects) – Accounting
Rochdale with flexible work options
Salary: £40,665.00 to £43,481.00 plus excellent benefits
Hours: full-time, permanent
36.25 hours per week in accordance with Flexible Smart Working
30 days vacation (up to 35 days – plus holidays)
RBH has the opportunity for a Chief Financial Officer (Capital and Assets) to join us to be responsible for managing all capital and projects from a finance perspective and business partner responsible for the growth team.
We have SMART working arrangements at RBH so you can work in flexible locations, including other RBH premises, from home and in suitable locations.
This is a key position where you will lead the budgeting, tracking and forecasting processes for capital expenditures and growth service area and projects, as well as provide forecast information to help the development of the annual business plan. You will provide information to support our reporting cycle to stakeholders and the Board and contribute to Growth Committee documents.
You will also be responsible for the financial evaluation of business projects, including cost-benefit analysis, as well as maintaining the model and assumptions for viability assessments of development projects, including the administration of ProVal .
We are looking for a finance professional who has completed or is actively studying towards a full accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA) or is suitably qualified by experience.
You will also have:
· Experience with open accounts or other similar financial systems.
· Experience in fixed asset and project accounting.
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and engage other colleagues to ensure deadlines are met.
· Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to financial and non-financial employees.
· Experience managing a small team
· Ability to review and detect audit reports with great attention to detail.
· Ability to help coordinate projects and ensure objectives are met.
· An understanding of risk.
· Microsoft Office skills, with the ability to produce documents to professional and accurate standards.
· Advanced Excel skills.
In return, you’ll receive a range of fantastic benefits, including:
· SMART working arrangements – we are open to all forms of flexible working (including part-time).
We pay a cash allowance of £6 per week to anyone who works 80% or more on average from home
· Vacation entitlement – 30 days vacation plus any UK public holidays, with a further 5 days after completion of five years of service. Part-time employees will receive a pro-rated entitlement
Possibility to buy up to 5 additional days off per year
A quality defined contribution pension plan, with salary exchange and RBH matches your contributions up to 8%
Healthcare – automatic enrollment in a cash healthcare plan, covering optical and dental costs, consultation fees and physiotherapy, to name a few.
You will also have access to an EAP with a 24-hour confidential counseling service for personal and professional issues
· And many others
A career at RBH is more than just a job. Our employees are at the heart of the local community, proud to help make Rochdale a better place to live and work. We have been a living wage employer since 2013, we were the first employer in Rochdale to become a full member of the Greater Manchester Good Jobs Charter and we were the first housing association in the UK to be accredited in as a confident disability leader.
We are proud to be a mutually owned condominium company, jointly owned by our tenants and employees, which means that our customers and colleagues are at the heart of every decision we make.