|Job title: Director of Finance and Operations||Status: Full time, 40+ hours, Exempt|
|Dated: January 26, 2022||Reports to: Rector|
Saint David’s Episcopal Church is a thriving parish of over 600 families and more than 1,800 baptized members located in Roswell, Georgia, approximately 20 miles north of downtown Atlanta.
Responsible for the accounting, finance and business operations of St. David’s Church and St. David’s Nursery School. Performs various administrative and human resources tasks. Participates in the parish leadership team.
The tasks, duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for accounting and accounting for all donations to financial and donor management software solutions.
- Work with parishioners on annual donation statements and the pledge process, including keeping pledge records.
- Manages reports and record keeping.
- Provide routine reporting to financial oversight bodies (Finance, Investment, Sacristy, etc.)
- Works with the finance committee and leaders for the preparation of the budget.
- Supervises part-time bookkeepers for preschool, accounts payable and payroll.
Human Resource Management
- Assist with human resources processing and administrative support.
- Works closely with the Human Resources Committee to implement personnel policies and procedures.
- Manage and administer employee benefits.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date personal records.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and engage consultants as needed for IT solutions.
- Helps maintain church database for donor management as integrated solutions within a larger CRM platform.
- Oversees equipment leases and purchases to ensure productivity excellence.
- Assists the Rector in strategic planning and management.
- Acts as a member of the senior management team.
- Manage contractors and custodial staff.
- Works closely with the Buildings and Grounds Committee to implement the capital repairs, maintenance and improvement plan.
- Manage schedule and system for computerized door locks.
Bachelor’s degree, accounting certification preferred
Previous experience in accounting and finance required. Master in Microsoft Office, above all Excel. Previous experience with accounting and database solutions preferred.
The role primarily requires sitting, typing, and computer use. Some light lifting may be included (ie office supplies).
This role is highly autonomous and independent. Primary interactions include Finance Committee, Human Resources Committee, Buildings and Grounds, and Rector. Requires extreme confidentiality with sensitive and personal information.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be all the responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
A current background check, compliance with abuse risk management training and drug screening will be required for employment.