Classification: Senior Manager 1
Salary: $118,003 – $123,640 per year plus 17% superannuation
Term: Continuous, full time
Job description and selection criteria: 211201_FINAL PD_Finance Manager SM1.pdf
Closing Date: February 13, 2022
- Fantastic next level opportunity to develop your finance career
- Use your excellent finance, service and team leadership skills to make a difference
- Flexible, friendly and supportive team environment
- Excellent compensation and benefits packages, including 17% pension contributions; Christmas to New Year leave in addition to annual leave; salary sacrificing options for cars, parking, childcare and more
ANU College of Health and Medicine (CHM) staff are committed to solving problems through big picture and applied scientific research, and improving health outcomes for people everywhere . These inspiring ambitions are realized through our 3 schools – the John Curtin School of Medical Research; the National Center for Epidemiology and Population Health; and the School of Medicine, Psychology and Health Leadership – who work together to deliver world-class research and education across the full spectrum of medicine and health-related fields, and a partnership with industry. health at local, national and international levels.
About the role
The Finance Team is a professionally oriented management accounting unit located within the Professional Services hub of the College that provides high quality professional and administrative services to support core academic activities of research and education through the College. The Director of Finance reports to the Executive Director of the College and is responsible for managing the general finances of the College. The finance team is made up of up to six finance professionals who provide direct support to researchers in the management of grants and support their clients in the ongoing management of operating budgets. Your role would be to provide that same support and expertise to researchers, principals and the College executive.
Our ideal candidate will be a highly motivated finance professional who wants to play an important role in providing high quality financial services across the College.
To be successful in the role, it is essential that you demonstrate that you:
- are a confident, positive communicator with proven excellent customer service that delivers solution-based results
- have relevant financial qualifications coupled with working knowledge and experience of contemporary financial principles and practices
- enjoy supporting your team and can demonstrate excellent team building skills with a strong commitment to continuous improvement
- have high-level analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to interpret and apply financial policies and procedures
- are highly organized with great attention to detail and can skillfully prioritize competing deadlines
If you have a passion for financial services, working in a collaborative team environment and satisfying your customers, we would love to hear from you.
For more information, please contact Donelle ClaudianosDirector General of the CHM at T: (02) 6125 3887 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information on staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
To apply for this position, be sure to upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) that includes the names and contact information of at least three references (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete them online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if necessary.
Applications that do not meet the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have the right to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. A job offer is conditional on satisfactory results.