Warp is a leading independent record and music publishing company releasing music from groundbreaking and influential artists including Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Brian Eno, Nightmares on Wax, Squid, Oneohtrix Point Never, Autechre, Stereolab and many others.
We are recruiting a Chief Financial Officer to join our finance team, seeking a qualified accountant with over 5 years of industry experience, who is extremely well organized, with impeccable attention to detail and demonstrates a dedication to quality and accuracy in everything he does. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the right skills and attitude to make tangible improvements in the efficiency of our financial operations.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the CFO will work in all areas of the finance function and will not be afraid to challenge and improve current processes. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their finance career in the music industry.
- Manage a team of two people to ensure day-to-day accounts payable/receivable and accounting functions run efficiently
- Maintained and improved best practice month-end accounts and management reporting, including reconciliation of all key balance sheet accounts
- Work with the royalties team to share information and reconcile data between royalties and financial systems
- Oversee cash management
- Work with the Finance Manager to prepare the annual budgeting and forecasting process for recordings and editing to help support current and future business decisions.
- Produce annual accounts (including our US entity) and support the audit process.
- Management of monthly and quarterly tax compliance, including submission of VAT returns, PAYE, withholding tax.
- Provide business support, reports and business information to the Recordings & Publishing creative and marketing teams.
- Chartered Accountant Diploma
- 5+ years of industry experience in a finance role
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate and convey financial information to non-financial colleagues
- Problem solver with a positive attitude
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau or similar Business Intelligence tools an asset
- Royalty reporting/music industry experience is a plus
- North London based office with flexible working.
- Salary according to experience
Thank you for applying and don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
Closing of applications on March 11, 2022.
Please use the “Message to Hiring Manager” section to provide a full cover letter explaining why you think you are a good fit for the role. Candidates who do not provide it will not be considered.
We recognize the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to welcoming all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything you would like to tell us, please note it at the time of your application.