Assemble Sound is seeking a full-time Chief Financial Officer to operate as Controller and Corporate Administrator, overseeing accounting operations and financial planning alongside our management team and external CPA.
The Finance Manager will work across the various departments of Assemble Sound, including: Sync Licensing and Music Oversight; artist development (record label, publishing, artist management); and studio programming and facilities.
- Manage Assemble Sound books through Quickbooks Online. You need to be good at accounting and passionate to make it work.
- Reconcile Assemble Talking Books with Bank Accounts
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes including invoicing, invoices, deposits and bill payments
- Manage tax preparation with an external CPA (1099s, W9s, etc.)
- Manage Assemble Sound vendor onboarding process and ongoing payments
- Act as point of contact for all suppliers
- Do vendor paperwork to assemble customers
- Educate customers on all accounts receivable
- Work alongside department heads to create and manage annual and project-specific budgets.
- Reconcile budgets and actuals between departments
Business Administration and Communications
- Create and present presentation materials for financial updates and discussions with key internal and external stakeholders
- Manage contracts, payments and communication with all service providers related to Assemble Sound’s general operations (including but not limited to insurance and payroll providers, utility companies, owners, etc).
- Manage general internal HR and payroll processes, in coordination with external vendors
- Manage office supply orders
- Systematize and manage the database of final synchronization agreements (tracking of executed contracts)
- Longform synchronization license agreements with customers – fill in the template and send the agreement to customers with invoices
- Systematize and manage the synchronization contract renewal process (for temporary licenses)
- Systematize and manage final label and publishing agreements
Skills & Qualifications
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about the financial management of building businesses and implementing the business processes that make financial management effective and efficient.
- This position requires a unique individual who can effectively manage administrative processes, but also has the personal skills necessary to interact with customers and vendors who interact with these processes.
The ideal candidate has:
- Background and work experience in accounting, business administration, finance or related field.
- Experience with Quickbooks Online highly preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel – the best candidate is likely to enjoy creating and managing spreadsheets, whether those spreadsheets are income statements, cash flow projections, balance sheets or supplier databases.
- Extreme attention to detail and an insatiable desire to keep things organized
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably in a business-related field (accounting, finance, business administration)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A desire to work in music, but who wants nothing to do with the artist development process and everything to do with the backend infrastructure of running music businesses.
To apply, send CV and brief cover letter to: [email protected]
APPLICATIONS DUE BY APRIL 4, 2022